IT’S YOUR CAR, YOUR CHOICE!
Auto Insurance Steering
There have been many changes in the auto insurance and auto body repair industry in recent years, However, one thing that has NOT changed is YOUR CHOICE to have your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice. If your insurance company has a list of preferred shops and Great Lakes Ford Collision is not on that list, they may try to “steer” you to a shop that is best for them. If they do practice “steering” (insisting, persuading, coercing that you do go to a shop of their choice) please remember IT’S YOUR CAR, YOUR CHOICE! Enjoy a get free spins on coin master
The purpose of an insurance company “steering” you to a shop of their choosing is in their best interest, not your cars!
Insurance companies will use all kinds of words to steer you, here are some examples:
- They will tell you they cannot guarantee the repairs
- You will have to pay the difference in labor rates
- Your repairs will be delayed.
- You will be led to believe you will be inconvenienced in some way
Great Lakes Ford Collision…
Will work with your insurance company:
- Insurance companies DO NOT guarantee repairs…repair shops do; WE have a LIFETIME guarantee on all our repairs.
- We will accept your insurance companies labor rate.
- No matter what your claim representative/adjuster or contact person says, repairs will NOT be delayed.
- Great Lakes Ford Collision will work very hard to prevent your insurance company from inconveniencing you , if that is their practice.
You DO NOT have an HMO agreement with your auto insurance company. According to the Michigan Bureau of Automotive regulations:
“You are entitled to choose where your vehicle will be repaired. Your insurance company may provide you with a list of possible repair facilities but cannot insist or suggest that the work be done at a particular shop.”